Hawaii Museum replica of Hawaiian Tiki God Kane that measures 20 inches. This image is a Kona Style carving out of a solid piece of monkey pod wood with great details. Kane is the earliest to arrive in Hawai'i. Know as Life Giver, all life is sacred to Kane. Also is God of agriculture, fish and procreation. Kane brings varieties of kalo (taro), 'awa (kava), mai'a (banana), ko (sugarcane) and 'ohe (bamboo). Kane is one of the 4 major Tiki Gods in Hawaii.
This is a classical Kona-Style image. Kona Style faces dominated by snarling mouths and extended nostrils with the parallel carved lines representing the beards.
- ORIGINAL: Hawaii Museum, Hawaii
- Traditional Kane Tiki: God of Agriculture, Fish and Procreation
- Material: Premium Monkey Pod Wood
- Approximate Size: 20 inches tall by 4-1/4 inches wide by 3 inches deep
- This Tiki was carved with great attention to details
- Hand carved and waxed
This is a beautiful piece of art! For more information about Tiki Gods of Hawaii go to our About Tiki Gods Page